Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Following on from our committee get together over the weekend, I thought I would bring you all up to date.
As you can imagine the main topic was getting the club open again, the main challenges we are faced with are the regulations from the government, and the regulations set by the Church via the Church of England, at the present time nothing has changed with the restrictions we have if we want to use the Church, and as we have said before they are not really workable for us all.
Everyone now is waiting to see if the next stage of lockdown is going to happen on the 21st of June. As you know Boris is going to announce on the 14th of June if we are able to proceed or delay, depending on the data.
We were hoping that we could have some sort of meeting towards the end of June, and the Saturday running day on the 27th of June, If Boris gives the go ahead on the 14th it is usually not until the following Friday all the do's don'ts appear on the gov website, given it will then take the Church some time to react to these new rules, we think it is best to move the Saturday running day to the 31st of July.
Again if the news is positive we will put together a full program for July, I have a rough plan for this again all things being positive, what we also plan is, because the track has not been used for some 15 months, at some stage a small group will set it up and make sure all is working, when we allowed to do so.
I wish I could give you a more definite time plan, but as you know that is very difficult in these uncertain times.
Hope to see you all soon, Pete.